Hope you are aware of the new feature of Microsoft Edge where you can use the vertical tabs button in its toolbar.
The new updated Edge browser works like the same Chromium web engine as Google Chrome, making your Edge browser optimized for performance and web compatibility.
The vertical tab button is disabled by default in Microsoft Edge. Check the image below to see what it looks like in disabled state.
If you are the one who always uses Microsoft Edge frequencies and have multiple tabs open. Then it is very useful to you.
[Read: How to Change Microsoft Edge Download Location?]
Once you enable vertical tabs, your web pages are placed on the left side instead of showing them at the top.
You can easily switch between tabs as it will display web pages in the list view (image below) on the side of the browser.
Anytime you want to switch between tabs, just hover your mouse cursor over the tab (scroll with the mouse if you have a long list) and click on it.
How to enable or disable the vertical tabs button in Microsoft Edge?
Microsoft Edge is currently the only web browser to offer this built-in vertical tab option for smooth browsing.
To note: This option is only available with Microsoft Edge version 87.0.654.0 or later.
Hereby showing you the options by which, you can easily Activate or deactivate vertical tabs button in Microsoft Edge browser.
[Read: Enable Dark Theme for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge]
Here is how you can do it:
Disable vertical tabs option in Microsoft Edge
For example, if you don’t like this vertical tab button or don’t want to use it and want to turn it off:
- Open Microsoft Edge browser
- Right click on the vertical tabs button in the upper left corner of the edge and choose the option Hide from toolbar
- As a result, it will be disabled from the toolbar
Enable vertical tabs option in Edge
Definitely, if you want to use the vertical tab function, follow the steps below:
- Click on 3 point menu in the top right corner of Microsoft Edge and select Settings in the given drop-down list.
- Click on Appearance from the options on the left pane and related options will appear on the right side.
- Under the Customize the toolbar. Use the rocker switch of Show vertical tabs button to enable or disable the vertical tabs button on the Microsoft Edge toolbar.
So, it is quite a simple process that anyone can easily do and use as needed.
However, we recommend that you use this feature because it is very useful to us.