Many news come with iOS 14 But, like everything in life, the new operating system has a small print. Unfortunately, many new features are not going to be enjoyed by all device users iOS.
Surely you are, like all of us, wanting to install the new operating systems on your devices to enjoy all the news from, among others, iOS 14, iPadOS 14 and WatchOS 7. Well, we don’t want to bother you, but not all of us are going to be able to make use of all the new things that the new Apple software brings.
We are going to focus on iOS 14, which is the most used by all of us. Whether due to incompatibility, due to geographical issues …, we will not be able to enjoy everything launched yesterday by those from the block. Next we tell you the small print that accompanies them.
The fine print of iOS 14:
Below we transcribe everything that Apple puts in small print, at the end of its article on iOS 14:
- In Maps, the electric vehicle routing requires an iPhone with iOS 14 and a compatible vehicle.
- The guides on Apple Maps, at the moment they will be available for cities like San Francisco, New York, London and Los Angeles.
- The Siri web responses, will currently only be available in English (US, UK, Canada, India and Australia).
- The adaptive lighting, facial recognition and activity zones in the app home will require a Apple tv, HomePod or iPad configured as hub compatible HomeKit starter and accessory.
- The translator built into Safari it will only be available in the US for now. USA and Canada. Support for English, Spanish, Chinese, French, German, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- To demonstrate that Safari is the fastest browser in the world Apple tested in June 2020. It used performance benchmarks JetStream 2, MotionMark 1.1 and Speedometer 2.0. Tested in the production of iPhone 11 Pro Max with the preliminary version iOS 14. Other browsers tested on Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra with Android 10. Tested with the preview version Safari on iOS as well as Chrome v83.0.4103.97 and Firefox v77.0.1 in Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, with network connection Wi-Fi WPA2. Performance will vary based on system configuration, network connection, and other factors.
- The Car Keys, function capable of unlocking and starting your car with the iPhone, it’s compatible with iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation) and Apple Watch Series 5.
- The spatial audio with dynamic head tracking and that puts surround sound channels exactly in the right place, even when we turn our heads or move our device, it only works with AirPods Pro. Requires iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone X S, iPhone X S Max, iPhone X R, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone SE (2nd generation).
- In auto switch that allows us to move seamlessly between devices without manually changing the AirPods, It works with AirPods Pro, AirPods (second generation), Powerbeats, Powerbeats Pro and Beats Alone Pro. Requires an account iCloud and a iPhone or iPod with the latest version of iOS; iPad with the latest version of iPadOS; Manzana Watch with the latest version of watchOS; or Mac with the latest version of macOS.
- The adjust the audio of the AirPods to take into account the hearing differences of each user, it works with AirPods Pro, AirPods (2nd generation), EarPods, Powerbeats, Powerbeats Pro and Beats Alone Pro.
- The possibility of connect two AirPods games to Apple TV 4K In order to enjoy movies and shows with another person without disturbing others, it works with AirPods Pro, AirPods (1st generation) or later, Powerbeats, Powerbeats Pro, Beats Alone Pro, Powerbeats3 Wireless, Beats Only 3 Wireless, Beats Studio3 Wireless and BeatsX. Requires tvOS 14.
- Finding Application clips in places through the labels NFC, it automatically supports iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Compatible after activating scan mode NFC from the Control Center in iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X.
- The camera holder to scan an App Clip code will be available in a software update iOS 14 later this year.
- The privacy information on the App Store will come in an update from iOS 14 later this year.
- The augmented reality experiences such as life-size art installations or navigation directions at a specific point in the world, require iPhone XS , iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR or later. Available in select cities.
- Taking photos is even faster in iOS 14, with faster time to first shot and faster shot-to-shot performance. Tests performed by Manzana in June 2020 with the iPhone 11 Pro Max which supports normal peak performance with iOS 13.5.1 and the preview version of iOS 14 with the built-in camera app with Live Photos enabled. Performance varies by specific configuration, content, battery status, usage, software versions, lighting, environmental conditions, and other factors.
- The new exposure compensation control, with which we can lock an exposure value while separately locking the camera’s focus for a specific shot, is compatible with iPhone XS , iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later versions.
- The application ECG is available with the latest versions of iOS and watchOS in Apple Watch Series 4 or later. The application ECG It is not intended for people under the age of 22.
- The information on severe weather events, is available for the USA. USA, Europe, Japan, Canada and Australia.
- All features are subject to change. Some features, applications, and services may not be available in all regions or all languages.
So you know, not everyone can enjoy all the news. Whether due to location or not having a particular device, some of us will want to try many features.