Here’s how to set up a personal hotspot on your MacBook and enjoy the WiFi connection from Mac on many devices and computers.
Another day, another great tutorial with some facts and benefits of one device if you do not know the password but it is connected to your Mac. This article is for educational purposes only; there is no way to steal or break privacy. So let’s get into this and turn your MacBook WiFi connection into a personal hotspot to connect other devices to it.
There is a hidden feature available on your Mac that you probably do not know. It’s called Share, using it, you can share your internet, printer, files, screen and more. No matter what internet connection you use, we’ll let you know how to set up and share your WiFi connection from Mac to iPhone, iPad or PC.
So if you are someone who wants to connect your iPhone, iPad or Android devices to the internet connection you have on your Mac, then follow the guide below. If your Mac is connected to a network whose password you do not know, this method is probably also useful for sharing a WiFi connection.
Your iPhone, iPad, Android or computer must meet the requirements to use the shared internet connection. Your device or computer must be connected to a Mac with one of the following options.
- Bluetooth (good for mobile devices and laptops with Bluetooth support)
- USB cable (Apple iPhone or iPad, share the internet from Mac and connect your phone only via USB)
Share your WiFi connection from Mac
Here’s a quick guide to setting up a custom hotspot on your Mac. If you share your WiFi connection from Mac, other devices or computers can use this shared connection via Bluetooth. iPhone and iPad can also be used via USB. Let’s see how you can share internet from Mac, follow the given steps.
- On your Mac, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner, then select “System Preferences” from the menu.
- Click on the share option as shown in the photo below.
- Select Internet Sharing from the sidebar.
- Select the Wi-Fi option in the “Share your connection from” drop-down menu.
- Look at the options, Bluetooth PAN, iPhone USB, iPad USB from the list “To computers using” as shown below.
- Now activate the “Internet Sharing” from the sidebar and then press the Start button to turn on that part of the Internet.
You have successfully shared Wi-Fi from Mac. There are two ways to use the shared internet.
- Connect your device via Bluetooth and use the internet connection of Mac.
- Or connect your iPhone / iPad via USB to the Mac and start using the internet.
It’s very simple and you should try it now. You will be able to enjoy the internet connection without any fear. That’s all for today. Leave a comment below if you’ve struggling to connect to the Internet from Mac. If you do know any other method to turn your Mac into the Personal Hotspot, then share it in the comments below. We will be happy to hear from you.
Visit our blog for more exciting tutorials on iPhone, iPad or Mac. Subscribe to our push notifications newsletter on your device. Sign Out, Peace.