If you have iOS 14.5 installed on your iPhone or iPad, you can connect the XboxSense X and PS 5 DualSense controllers to your iPhone or iPad devices. Read on to find out more about it.
With the release of new updates from iOS 14.5, people can connect their current Microsoft and Sony game controllers (PS5 DualSense controller and the Xbox Series X) to iPhone and iPad, thanks to Apple for the additional support. Earlier, when Apple released iOS 13, users could connect the popular console controllers to their iPhone. By connecting these controllers to the iPhone or iPad, you can play Apple Arcade and other iOS games without buying another MFi compatible controller.
How to connect PS5 DualSense controller to iPhone or iPad
Before connecting your DualSense or Series X controller to iPhone or iPad, make sure you have updated iOS on your device. If you want to update it now on your iPhone or iPad, simply open the Settings app. Tap General and then Software Update.
- Open Settings and then tap Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad
- To connect PS5 DualSense Controllers, you need the Share button and PS at the same time on your PS5 DualSense controller. The Share button is next to the D-Pad with three lines at the top and PS button is in the middle of the thumb sticks. You must hold down the buttons for at least 3 seconds until the light bar starts flashing blue.
- Now, on your iPhone or iPad on the Bluetooth screen, you see the PS5 DualSense controller available under the “Other Devices” section. Tap on it and then tap Pair.
How to connect Xbox Series X controller to iPhone or iPad
The process for connecting Xbox Series X controllers is very similar to the above controller.
- First open the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app and then tap on Bluetooth.
- Now press and hold the connect button for a few settings with your Xbox Series X controller. The Xbox Series X Connect Button is available at the top of the controller, as shown in the screenshot.
- On your iPhone or iPad, you can see the Xbox Series X controller available in the Other pairing devices section.
Clue: Because it’s a Bluetooth connection between two devices. This will keep the battery of your devices empty, and you can disconnect the connection as soon as you do not use the controllers. To end the connection, go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone or iPad and tap the (I) button next to the Xbox Series X or PS5 DualSense controllers, then just tap the Disconnect.