Are you switching from Android to iOS device and want to transfer all your belongings to iPhone? In this guide you will learn how to transfer data from an Android device to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Are you ready to transfer it? To make this process easy, download and install the “Move to iOS” app on your Android device.
- Both devices, the Android and the new iPhone, are turned on and plugged in.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on on your Android device.
- Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device should have enough space to store the transfer data from an Android device.
Select Move Data from Android on iOS device
- While setting up your new iOS device, you will see the “Apps and Data” screen. Tap the “Enter data from Android” option on the screen to transfer data.
NOTE: If you have already set up your device, you will need to delete your iOS device to see the transfer data option. If you do not want to delete the device, you can transfer the contents manually.
Launch Move to iOS app on Android
- Now open the “Move to iOS” app on your Android device and tap continue (if you have not already installed, go to Google Play and install the app.)
- Look at the terms and conditions on the screen and then tap Agree to continue.
- Tap Next in the top right corner.
Create a code on an iOS device
- Now tap on your iOS device Continue from where you left off on the Android screen slider.
- Wait for the device to enter a ten or six digit code to enter on the Android device.
Enter the code on the Android device
Enter the code on your Android device, the code you see on your iOS device. Then wait until the Android device allows you to transfer data.
Choose content to transfer
Select the content you want to transfer on the Android device screen, then tap Next.
IMPORTANT: Be patient and let the devices work to complete the transfer, it will take a while and it depends on the size of your data. Do not use an Android or iOS device, even if you see a message on the Android device that the transfer is complete. Let the loading bar complete on the iOS device.
Content Transferred: All your camera photos and videos, email accounts, calendars, contacts, message history and more. Apps available in both Google Play and App Store will also be automatically transferred to the iOS device.
Things you need to transfer manually are music, books and PDFs.
Set up your iOS device
Once you see the progress bar on the iOS device finished, you can tap Done on the Android device to complete the process.
Tap Continue on the iOS device and then follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setting for the new iOS device.