Apple introduces a new handwashing feature for the Apple Watch in watchOS 7. This new feature can be recognized when you start washing your hands using running water and rubbing the sound of hands. A timer will automatically start on the watch to wash hands thoroughly.
The World Health Organization (WHO) said the recommended time to hold hands was 20 seconds. The handwashing feature in watchOS 7 not only shows the countdown, but also provides feedback so you do not have to look at the watch while washing your hands.
So let’s see how we can use this feature on your Apple Watch.
Apple Watch supporting handwashing feature
You can use the handwashing feature on the next Apple Watch.
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
How to enable handwashing function
- First, you need to have watchOS 7 or later installed on your Apple Watch.
- Open the Settings app on your watch.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on the Handwash option.
- Turn on the switch next to the Handwash timer, this option will start the timer when you start washing your hands.
- Disable the switch for the Handwash Reminder option, this option will notify you when you forgot to wash your hands when you return home.
View your handwashing history on the iPhone
You can also check the statistics of your hand washing routine in a day, week, month or year. So let’s see how you can see the handwashing statistics on the iPhone.
- Open the Health app on your iPhone, tap on the Browse tab.
- Type Handwash in the search box and then type handwash in the search result.
Clue: You can add the handwash data on the main screen of the Health app below the summary, then scroll down a bit and tap Add to favorites.