You’ve decided to switch from Android to iOS, but the move doesn’t have to be stressful! If you don’t want to manually add each of your contacts to your new iPhone, we’ll show you here how to quickly and easily transfer your contacts from Android to iOS.
Switch to iOS: using the official Apple app
Upgrading to iOS is Apple’s first Android app, and unsurprisingly, it’s an app that helps Android users migrate to iOS!
The Move to iOS app allows users to transfer media, bookmarks, email accounts, calendar, and contacts from their Android smartphone to their new iOS device over a private Wi-Fi network that iOS automatically creates.
Note that the Move to iOS application is designed for the first time that you configure your iPhone. If you’ve already completed the setup process, you’ll need to reset your iPhone, then run the Move to iOS app.
To transfer your contacts (and any other data) using Move to iOS:
1. On your Android device, install the Switch to iOS application.
2. Launch the application.
3. When prompted, press “Continue”.
4. Read the terms and conditions, and if you agree, press “Accept”.
5. Switching to iOS will now request access to your data, such as your contacts and messages; grant these authorization requests.
6. You will now be asked to enter a 12-digit code from iOS, so grab your new iPhone.
7. Turn on your iPhone and follow the om-screen instructions to begin the standard configuration process. When you reach the “App & Data” screen, press “Move data to Android”, and you should be presented with a 12-digit code.
8. Return to your Android device and enter this code in the Move to iOS app.
9. You can now select all the data you want to transfer from your Android device to your new iPhone. Be sure to select your contacts!
The Move to iOS application now transfers all your contacts and all the other data you have selected. Depending on the volume of data, this can take a while, especially if you are transferring many videos and photos!
After the transfer is complete, continue following the on-screen instructions to complete the standard iPhone setup process. When your iPhone starts up, you have access to all of your contacts.
Synchronize contact data with your Google account
Do you have a Google account set up on your Android device? You can transfer your contacts by synchronizing this information with your Google account and then logging into the same Google account on your iPhone.
To ensure that your contacts are synchronized with your Google account:
1. On your Android device, launch the “Settings” application.
2. Go to “Cloud and accounts -> Accounts”.
3. Tap your Google account.
4. Press “Synchronize account”.
5. Then push the “Sync Contacts” slider to the “On” position.
Now go to your iPhone:
6. Launch the “Settings” application.
7. Press “Password and accounts”.
8. Tap “Add account -> Google”.
9. Log into your Google account.
After a few minutes, all of your contacts should be properly synchronized with your iPhone.
With the successful setup of your new iPhone, you can now install and play some of the new iOS games this month.
Is this article useful?