There are many apps available for Android, iOS, or Windows operating systems for mobile devices. However, you can. you find yourself in a situation where you want to run a particular iOS app but only have an Android device. This article will show you how to run an iOS app on an Android device.
One of the easiest ways to run an iOS app on your Android device without installing any apps is to use Appetize.io on your phone’s browser. It is an online emulator that will launch an iOS type device, with the appearance of iOS.
1. Open your phone’s browser and visit Appetize.io.
2. When it loads, the screen below is displayed; click on the “Click to play” button.
3. This opens iOS, allowing you to run any iOS application here. To run your iOS app, you can download it from the website and you can run it.
IOS emulator apps for Android
There are several iOS emulators available for Android, which allows you to run iOS apps on Android. The most common applications are the Cider and iEMU applications for Android. To run these emulators, you will need the following items on your device:
- At least 512 MB of RAM available
- Android version 2.3 or later
- A considerable amount of space on your device, since iEMU takes up to 60 MB of space while the Cider application takes up to 12 MB
The iEMU emulator is one of the best emulators for running iOS apps on Android. It can be easily downloaded, installed and used. Download them here and follow the steps below.
1. If you downloaded the apk file using your computer, you will need to transfer the file to your Android device. This will take approximately 60 MB of space.
2. Go to the settings of your Android device, then access the security settings and activate “Allow installation of applications from unknown sources”.
3. Go to the storage location of the iEMU apk file and tap on it to install it.
After correctly installing the emulator, check the installed applications; you will see an application called AIO Downloader. (The second app on the screenshot below.) Tap it to run it.
This application will allow you to download iOS applications and run them using the emulator. In my case, I downloaded the iMusic app. Download the iOS app of your choice and have fun running and using it on your Android device.
The only drawback associated with this emulator is that it only supports .zip and .ipas files.
Cider is another app that runs iOS apps on an Android device. This application was developed by a group of students who claim that Android and iOS run on hardware managed by ARM. The application is still at the advanced research stage but works well. However, it has a drawback compared to the iEMU emulator – it does not support GPS, Bluetooth or any other location service.
The first thing to do is download the Cider apk file. Once the download is complete, transfer the file to your Android device and install it.
Once the installation is complete, go to the application drawer of your device and search for the Cider application. Tap it to launch it. This opens the emulator where you can now download and run iOS apps. I downloaded the iOS messaging app which worked the same way as it did on iOS.
Thanks to the aforementioned apps, it is now easier to run iOS apps on an Android device. One thing to note is that not all iOS apps are supported, and you will have to use the trial and error to see if the apps you want to work on the phone.
Do you want to continue exploring interesting applications on Android? Check out our list of the best free music download apps for Android. Also discover the best hidden games in various Google services.
Is this article useful?