We tell you how restore a locked iPhone, which we cannot access in any way, putting it in mode DFU and following the steps that we tell you below.
It has happened to us and surely you, if you have reached this article, too. We have a iPhone which we cannot access and that we want to restore to be able to configure it from scratch and be able to use it. Well, we add this post to our section of iOS tutorials so that you learn to do it.
This usually happens when we have a old device that we want to use again and we have it blocked. Also when the computer does not recognize the device, if the screen has been locked with the logo of Manzana…. There may be several reasons why we want to restore a iPhone.
How to restore a locked iPhone:
In these cases, we will have to put our iPhone or iPad in mode DFU or, also calling, recovery. But before doing so, it is VERY IMPORTANT to check the following:
- Make sure your computer is up to date. If you use iTunes, make sure you have the latest version.
- On a Mac with macOS Catalina, opens Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier versions, or on a PC, open iTunes. If iTunes is open, close it and then reopen it.
Put iPhone in DFU mode:
We will have to keep the iPhone or iPad connected and wait until the recovery mode screen appears:
- In the iPads that don’t have a home button we will have to quickly press and release the button turn up the volume. Then quickly press and release the button to decrease the volume. Now we will have to hold down the upper button until the device begins to restart. We will have to press the upper button until the device enters recovery mode.
- If you have a iPhone 8 or later we will have to quickly press and release the button to raise the volume and we quickly do the same with the button to decrease the volume. Then we will hold down the side off button until we see the recovery mode screen.
- At iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, or iPod touch (7th generation) we will hold down the turn off Botton and the button to decrease the volume at once. We will have to hold them down until we see the recovery mode screen.
- In the iPad with home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier versions we will have to press and hold the start button (the round one under the screen) and the off button at the same time. We will have to hold them down until we see the recovery mode screen.
- If we have done it correctly, the computer must locate our device. When we see the option of Restore or To update, Choose To update. The computer will try to reinstall the software without erasing your data. Wait for the download software for the device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and the device exits the recovery mode screen, wait for the download to finish and repeat step 3.
- When the update or restore is complete, set up your device.
If any type of error appears, click below to know how to act.
We hope we have helped you. We have recently had to restore an old iPhone in this way and thanks to this tutorial we were able to do it.