AirTag repair is required if it is already in use with another Apple ID. You will need to request and remove the Apple ID so that you can associate it with your Apple ID. In this guide you will learn how to repair your AirTag if you need to use it with your device.
AirTag can be linked to one Apple ID. If the AirTag is already associated with an Apple ID and you want to use it on your device, it must be removed from the previous Apple ID. If the user removed it from Apple ID but it was outside the Bluetooth range, you will need to restore the AirTag first. Here is the step-by-step AirTag recovery process:
How to repair AirTag
- First, remove the back cover, depress the polished stainless steel battery valve of the AirTag, and turn it counterclockwise until the lid stops moving.
- Remove the cover and the battery as well.
- Here’s the most important thing: you need to remove and replace the battery 5 times. When you press the battery you will hear a sound, when you hear the sound and it is finished, you have to repeat the process again. Remove the battery and insert it again until you hear a sound again. You have to do this five times, which means you have to hear a total of five sounds.
- Now place the cover on the back by aligning the tabs on the cover with the slots on the AirTag.
- Push the back cover down and turn it clockwise until it stops moving.
More information: how to check the battery level of AirTag
If you’re having trouble repairing your AirTag, please leave a comment below and we’ll be happy to answer your question, thank you.