Today we bring you an automation that we can do in the app Shortcuts and what allows us protect iPhone from theft. It is very simple and it will make it much more difficult for lovers of other people’s things.
We have seen and read countless articles, throughout our long history, in which they tell us how set up iPhone to prevent thieves from being able to easily access and unlock our devices.
Thieves when they steal a iPhone the first thing they do is put the mobile on Airplane mode to cancel mobile connectivity (2G, 3G, 4G and 5G) and the connections Wifi Y BlueTooth. This cancels the possibility of receiving calls and the options of Find My iPhone (search my Iphone). That way we won’t be able to track the iPhone and they will not have had to turn off the mobile, which always makes it more difficult to unlock.
Normally to do this they lower the panel of the Control center, from the lock screen, and put it on Airplane mode without having to unlock it and they do it very quickly with a single click. That is why many media recommend remove access to control center from lock screen. But if we do this we remove the possibility of being able to lower the brightness, access the flashlight, the calculator, the connections … from the lock screen, which, personally, I use a lot since I do not have, for example, the auto brightness on.
How to activate a ANTI-THEFT ALARM on iPhone.
Create this automation in Shortcuts, to protect the iPhone from theft:
We are going to explain to you how to avoid that lovers of other people’s things can put the iPhone in airplane mode and also not having to remove access to the control center from the lock screen to prevent them from doing so.
For this we must enter the app Shortcuts and create a new automation:
- We open the app Shortcuts and click on the option “Automation” that we find in the lower menu of the screen.
- Now we click on the “+” that appears in the upper right.
- We choose the option “Create personal automation”.
- From the list of options we click on “Airplane mode”.
- We select the option «It is activated» and click on next.
- Now we click on «Add action» and in the search engine that appears we search “airplane mode”. Will appear to us “Set airplane mode”, option that we will press.
- In the next step we will have to configure “Deactivate”, in the same way that we show you below.
- After that, click on next, deactivate «Request confirmation» and on the screen that appears we confirm the option «Do not request» and click on “OKAY”.
In this way we avoid that anyone can put our device in airplane mode. If you don’t believe it, try it. If you have configured the automation correctly, you will see how it does not leave you.
How to deactivate airplane mode if you activate this automation:
This has a setback and it is that you will not be able to put that mode while you have that automation active. If you are one of those who does not usually put the iPhone in that mode, we advise you to have it active. If you usually put it in airplane mode, we advise you to deactivate the automation and activate it when, for example, you are going to leave the house.
This can automatically configure you with a new automation that if you are interested, we can explain on our website and YouTube channel. If you want it, let us know in the comments of this post.
Without further ado and hoping that you have found this tutorial interesting, we are waiting for you shortly with new news, apps, tricks … to get the most out of your devices. Manzana.