Chrome extensions can be very useful, allowing you to add additional functionality to your browser. However, if you have a lot of extensions installed, you may have a cluttered toolbar that looks messy and harder for you to find what you want. Fortunately, you can choose which extensions to pin to the Chrome toolbar and which to hide from the extensions menu.
Pin extensions to Google Chrome
Make sure you have the latest version of Chrome before you begin:
1. Click on the “Extensions” button in the toolbar next to your profile avatar.
2. A drop-down menu will show you all installed extensions that are enabled. These are divided into two categories: “Full access” and “No access required”.
3. In this list, next to each icon, you will see a Pushpin icon. This icon will be either blue or gray. If it’s blue, it means the extension is pinned to the Chrome toolbar.
On the other hand, if it is white, it means that the extension is hidden.
4. Click the “Pushpin” icon to pin or unpin a Chrome extension on the toolbar.
Likewise, you can click and drag the icons to rearrange the order of the pinned extensions as you like.
If you click on an unpinned extension, you will be able to customize its settings directly without adding it to the toolbar.
Disable the Extensions toolbar menu
Although the Extension toolbar menu has made managing extensions much easier, it can be complex for some users. If you want all extensions to just appear on the toolbar, you can choose to disable the Extensions toolbar menu.
Note: Enabling / disabling Chrome flags may prevent Chrome from working properly. Use this function at your discretion.
1. Enter the following command in the Chrome URL bar and press Enter:
Click the drop-down menu next to the “Extensions Toolbar Menu”. Choose the Disabled option.
When finished, click on the “Relaunch” button at the bottom right of the page to relaunch your browser.
You will notice that the Extensions toolbar has disappeared once you relaunch your browser. Instead, all of your extensions will be visible by default in the browser. You can choose to reactivate the toolbar by the same method described above if necessary.
At the same time, check out these extensions to speed up your Chrome browser or our list of the best Chrome extensions to try.
Is this article useful?