If you capture a conversation in the Messages app, it will stay on top. This is a new feature that Apple added in iOS 14 that allows users to capture and unload conversations in Messages, allowing you to easily locate important conversations on the message list. Let’s see how we can capture and unleash the conversations in the Messages app.
How to capture conversations in messages
You can easily capture the conversations in the following three ways. If you’ve using iOS 14 or later, that’s fine.
Swipe and stick
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Swipe-right on any call to see the pen option.
- Tap the yellow Pin icon to lock the conversation at the top.
- Open the Messages app on your device.
- Tap and hold the conversation you want at the top.
- You will see a menu. Tap the Pin option in the menu. You will see that the selected conversation is pinned at the top.
This method is good for pinning multiple conversations at once.
- Once in the Messages app, tap the Edit option in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Tap the “Edit Pins” option in the menu.
- You will see a pin icon to the right of all the message conversations. Tap the yellow-pen icon to paste the specific conversation on top.
- You can capture 9 conversations at the top of the Messages app. These conversations can include one-to-one or group discussions, including SMS and iMessages.
- The pinned conversation is no longer available in the message list below. You must always have access to them from above
Unleash conversations in messages
Once in the Messages app, tap and hold the pin contact icon to see the menu, then tap the “Unpinned” option.
You can also tap the Edit option in the upper left corner, and tap Edit Pins options in the menu. You will see that the pinned icons start to meander, tap the minus icon on the contact to release it.