Apple has finally added the feature in iPadOS 15 to also hide home pages on the iPad, iPhone users are already enjoying this feature and hiding home screen pages using iOS 14 or later. If you use this feature, you can hide the entire page; it will not remove any of the programs on the page, but will hide them.
How to hide the home screen page on the iPad
Just follow the steps provided to hide one or more pages from the iPad home screen.
- First, in home screen mode, edit, press and hold the space on the empty area or on the screen.
- When all the icons on the screen start dancing, just tap on the page dot at the bottom of the screen right above the Dock.
- Now you can see the pane view of all the pages with a check mark to show and hide. To hide a page, check the box next to it and tap the Done button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- To return to the home screen, tap the empty area again. Now you can see if the page (s) that you just make invisible are no longer available on the home screen.
Where does the new app that downloads go if you hide all the pages go? Well, there is an option that you can set whether the newly downloaded app only goes to the home screen or in the Apple library. To change this option, go to:
- Open Settings on your iPad and then tap on the Home Screen option.
- Tap here the option to save new app downloads on the home screen or in the app library only.
- If you select the “Add to home screen” option and download a new app, it will automatically create a new page and place the app on it.
How to access the applications if pages are hidden
If you hide all pages on the home screen, you must use the new app library to use the app or just use the search as usual. The new App Library feature in iPadOS 15 organizes all the apps in the category.
App library on iPad is the last page on the home screen. It’s also the last icon on the iPad Dock that you can quickly access.
How to hide pages on iPad
If you want to open the home screen pages on the iPad, the process is the same as above. This time you just need to check the page you want to display on the home screen.
We need your opinion on this new feature for iPad to hide home screen pages and also the application library. Leave a comment below and we’d love to hear from you, thank you.