Apple AirTag, a tracking device that can help you track and locate your items when lost. If you’re here to learn how to check the AirTag firmware version or the AirTag serial number, continue reading.
How to check AirTag firmware version
You can check the AirTag’s firmware version when it’s connected to your iPhone. You may want to know how to set up AirTag with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch devices. This Apple Bluetooth tracking device has firmware installed that sends location information to nearby iPhones.
Apple will definitely release firmware that has been updated for the AirTags and if you will find the current firmware version installed on your AirTag, then follow the steps below.
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Items tab below.
- Select the AirTag from the list of items.
- Simply tap under the name of the AirTag and it will show the currently installed firmware and the serial number of the AirTag.
By following the above method, you can also locate the Airtag software version and serial number. The above method requires you to configure the AirTag to find the installed software and serial number. But if you only need to know the AirTag serial number, there is another way to find it.
See also: How to repair AirTag
Search the AirTag serial number
You can find the serial number, not only according to the above method, but also on the back of the AirTag. This is how you can check the serial number without connecting it to the device.
- You need to remove the back cover of the AirTag. Just push the back down and then turn it to the left.
- Remove the battery and you will see the AirTag’s serial number and other information.
Still need help? please leave a comment below, thank you.