We are going to tell you how change an app icon on an iPhone and iPad. Thanks to this we can completely modify the design of each of the applications that appear on our home screen.
Since it arrived iOS 14 our iPhone they are much more customizable. We can add widgets, choose the apps we want to show and which to hide … and one of the star customizations is to be able to change the icon of the applications.
Thanks to the app Shortcuts Is this possible to do. In a few steps you will see how easy it is to change the icon of each of the applications on our device. We can put our photographs or any image that we download from the internet. Here is a video and a written explanation of how to do it.
How to change the icon of apps on iPhone and iPad:
In the following video we show you how to customize the applications of our device:
If you are more about reading than watching, then we will explain in writing how to do it:
- We open the app Shortcuts and create a new one by clicking on the “+” that appears at the top right of the screen.
- Now click on «Add action».
- In the search engine at the top of the screen, we search «Open app» and we select it.
- A screen will appear where we must click on “To select”.
- We look for the app we want to change the icon to and select it.
- Now we will click on the button with the 3 dots that appears in the upper right part of the screen.
- We put the name of the shortcut, for example the name of the app and, after that, click on “To accept”.
- Now click on the option «Add to home screen».
- In this menu that appears, we can change the icon of the app. Under section “Icon and name of the home screen”, click on the icon that appears with a blue border and we will see how 3 options appear: «Take photo», «Select photo» Y “Select File”. We will select the option from which we want to add the image of the app icon.
- Now we will select the image we want, adjust it in size and click on “To select”.
- We put the name of the app right next to the image that we have configured. In this step it is possible, as we show in the video, to change the font of the app title.
- Once we have finished entering the name, click on “Add” and we will have it available on our entry screen.
Do you see how easy? In social networks you can find real wonders. There are people who have created true masterpieces on their home screens.
Don’t duplicate apps on iPhone and iPad:
So that the apps do not appear duplicated, we can save the original application in the app library. We keep pressed on it, we select the option «Delete App» and then in “Remove from home screen”. In this way we only leave visible, on the home screen, the apps for which we have changed the icon image.
We hope you found this tutorial interesting and that you share it with all those friends, contacts, colleagues … who have iPhone Y iPad. They will surely thank you.
As of iOS 14.3 when we click on any of these custom apps from Shortcuts, this app will not open every time we click on these applications. They will directly access them.