Zoom has been a life jacket for many companies in the past few months. The video conferencing app has been adopted by people around the world, including schools, businesses and ordinary people who are just looking to connect with their friends and family. However, the free version of Zoom is quite limited, forcing many people to sign up for Zoom’s premium service. Like many subscription services, the premium version of Zoom requires users to manually opt out. If you do not, your credit card will be charged in perpetuity. Fortunately, canceling your Zoom account is easy but somewhat hidden.
Types of Zoom Subscriptions
There are two versions of the Zoom video conferencing application: one free, the other paid. The free or “basic” version of Zoom limits group meetings to 40 minutes, although individual meetings are unlimited. In addition, it limits the number of participants to 100 people. In addition, it is not possible to record your meetings. The paid or “Pro” version of Zoom offers several levels, but the main difference is that by opening your portfolio, many restrictions imposed on free users are lifted. As we mentioned above, premium versions of Zoom require monthly fees. However, like many subscriptions, the subscription amount is billed automatically at the start of each new billing cycle.
How to cancel your Zoom subscription
Canceling your Zoom subscription is fairly easy; however, a number of steps are involved.
1. To start, launch Zoom on your PC.
2. When the Zoom window appears, click on your profile picture in the upper right corner. If you have not configured a profile photo, it will simply be a colored square with your initials. This will produce a drop-down menu with a variety of options.
3. Click on the one entitled “Parameters”. Alternatively, you can click on the cog icon directly below your profile photo. This will open the zoom settings window.
4. In the options on the left side of the window, click “Profile”.
5. Then click on the button entitled “Modify my subscription”.
This will launch your web browser and automatically access the Zoom website. Here you will be prompted to enter your Zoom username and password.
6. When you log in, you should be automatically taken to the Billing section of your Zoom profile. On this page, you will see the Zoom plans to which you are currently subscribed. Each plan will display information, such as billing period, next billing date, amount of invoice, and status of the plan.
7. On the far right, there is a link titled “Cancel subscription”. Go ahead and click on this link. This will launch a pop-up window that offers the option to reconsider. If you are sure you want to cancel your Zoom subscription, click on the button labeled “Cancel subscription”.
How to Download Recorded Zoom Meetings
When you cancel your Zoom premium subscription, you will still be able to use the free version of the app. Unfortunately, by canceling your subscription, you will lose access to the premium features we mentioned earlier, including the ability to record your meetings.
With a premium subscription, recorded meetings are stored on Zoom servers and are available for download or sharing at any time. When your premium account is canceled, these records will be deleted from the Zoom servers. If you want to download recorded meetings, you must do so before canceling your subscription.
To download your recorded meetings, follow the steps described above to access your profile settings. On the left side of the screen, locate the option labeled “Recordings” and click on it. On the next page, you will see all the recordings you have made. Below the thumbnail preview of each recording, you will see the option to download that recording. Simply click on it to download the recording to your computer.
How to download your Zoom invoices
If you used Zoom for professional purposes, your Zoom subscription may be tax deductible. Fortunately, it is very easy to download your old Zoom invoices in case you are audited and need to provide documentation.
To download your old invoices, follow the steps described above to log into your account on the Zoom website.
On the left side of the screen, click on “Account management -> Billing”. Then, at the top of the page, click on “Invoice history”. This will display a list of your invoices. To download all your invoices in PDF format, simply click on the “Export all” button. Alternatively, if you only want to download specific invoices, check the box next to the invoice you want to download and click on the “Export selection” button.
How to reactivate your Zoom subscription
If you need to reactivate a canceled Zoom subscription, you can do so by following the steps described above to log into your Zoom account. On the left side of the screen, click on “Account Management -> Billing ..” At the top of the page, click on “Current Plans”. Here you will see the details of your canceled account. To reactivate it, simply click on “Reactivate the plan” and follow the instructions.
If you’re new to Zoom, it’s pretty easy to get the video conferencing app up and running. Do you use Zoom? Or do you prefer another video conferencing application? Let us know in the comments!
Image credit: Home Work Webinar by DepositPhotos
Is this article useful?