Opening a new tab in the Google Chrome browser allows you to add shortcuts to your favorite sites. By adding the frequently visited sites to shortcuts, it will quickly gain access to the site instead of typing in the URL every time. In this guide, you will learn how to add keyboard shortcuts in Chrome and how to edit or delete them.
First, open the Chrome browser.
- Click the Customize button available at the bottom right.
- Select the shortcut option on the left.
- Turn off the switch for the “Hide shortcuts” option and make sure the “My shortcuts” option is selected. Then click Done to save the settings.
- Click the Add Shortcut Button to add a new shortcut to the site.
- Enter the website name and correct URL and press Done to add it.
- Keep adding links as I added TrickyWays, Facebook and Amazon. When you open a new tab in Chrome, you do not have to type the URL in the address bar, just click on the shortcut.
Learn more: Automatically open websites when you start Chrome
How to arrange the shortcut icons
Chrome’s keyboard shortcut interface is simple – drag and drop, click and drag the icon to another location.
How to edit / remove shortcuts
Do you want to remove any shortcuts from the Chrome browser? Read the steps below to know:
- Simply roll over to the shortcut you want to remove.
- Click on the dotted icon and select the Delete / Edit option.
I hope you like the guide and added your favorite shortcuts to the Google Chrome browser. Leave a comment below if you need a guide.