Skype is one of the most popular means of communication for many users. You can add up to 250 contacts to your Skype contact list. However, the following article will help you remove Skype contacts from your contact list.
Skype allows users to make an audio or video call with the chat messaging option. In this digital world, Skype is a great option for keeping in touch with your friends and family.
In addition, Skype is also very beneficial for business. If you are a professional or business user, you should use Skype primarily to communicate with your colleagues and business contacts.
The Skype application can be used on a desktop computer, tablet or mobile device. It is free and available for download for Windows and iOS devices. Click here to download
How to remove Skype contacts from the list?
Many of us have unusual contacts with our Skype contact list, which we no longer use. It is therefore preferable to remove them from the list and keep only useful contacts.
Deleting Skype contacts depends on whether you are using a desktop app or a mobile device. However, once you delete a Skype contact using any device, it automatically syncs with other connected devices.
[Read: Stop Skype from Starting Automatically in Windows Startup]
We will show you two methods to remove Skype contacts from its contact list as follows:
If you are using the Skype desktop app
Via the Skype application on mobile / tablet
Method 1: Remove Skype contacts from the desktop app
We are using Windows 10 and Skype version 220.127.116.11 for this tutorial. The options may vary if you have installed a different version.
Step 1. Launch the Skype application in your Windows. Go to Windows Search> Skype
2nd step. Click on Contacts Tab options at the top left and change the display option to See everything
Step 3. You can now see your entire Skype contact list:
- Delete the contact one by one: Right click on the contact you want to delete and a dialog box will appear, click Delete contact to confirm and it will be removed from your contact list.
You can also perform the same action to delete other contacts.
- Delete multiple contacts with one click: If you want to remove multiple contacts from the list, then, hold down the Ctrl key and continue to select the contact from the list using a mouse click.
Once you are done with your selection, right click on any of the contacts and select wipe off A prompt will appear, just click Remove Contacts.
Method 2: Remove Skype contacts via the mobile app
If we perform this task with one of the mobile devices, it must be an Android or iOS mobile.
- Open the Skype app on your mobile device
- Navigate and click Contacts
- Now press and hold the contact name and a pop-up menu will appear. Click on Delete contact option
- A confirmation box will appear, just click Delete contact and it will be removed from your list.
Note: Make sure before deleting or deleting Skype contacts, as they may not be recovered or restored in your Skype contact list.