We advise that the water resistance of Apple Watch Series 6 and SE is the same as the Series 5, Series 4, Series 3 and Series 2. That is why if you are going to buy one, we recommend that you keep this in mind.
If you thought that the Apple Watch Series 6 and Apple Watch SE they would be more waterproof than their predecessors, we have bad news for you. Its resistance is the same.
We want to clarify this because many media predicted that the Series 6 They have increased their resistance and we are going to show you that this is not the case.
And all this comes to mind because of what personally happened to me Apple Watch Series 2 and that you can read in the link that we leave you in this same line. Since the watch “died,” we have been keeping a close eye on this feature of Apple watches which, we warn, is somewhat misleading.
Aspects that you have to take into account regarding the water resistance of the Apple Watch Series 6 and Apple Watch SE:
Yes. They are watches with which we can bathe in the sea, take a shower, do water sports … but, for example, not dive and do impact sports in the water.
We have revised the degree of water resistance of the new Apple Watch Series 6 and I KNOW and is certified by the standard ISO 22810: 2010. It is the same certification that the Apple Watch Series 5 and of course the Series 4, Series 3 and Series 2. Then we pass them to you so that you can check them.
That is why we must take the same precautions, to extend the life of the watch as much as possible, as in its predecessor models.
This could cause the water resistance of the Apple Watch to fail:
In the following video we explain everything. If you are more to read, below we explain it in writing:
Now we transcribe what Manzana says regarding water resistance and aspects that could influence it:
- The Apple Watch Series 2, Series 3, Series 4, Series 5, SE, and Series 6 can be used for shallow water activities, such as swimming in the pool or in the ocean. However, they should not be used for diving, water skiing, or activities involving high-speed water impacts or deep dives.
- You can shower with them, but exposing them to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, or perfumes is not recommended, as they can affect hydraulic seals and acoustic membranes.
- When cleaning Apple Watch, do not use salt water. If the device comes in contact with any liquid other than fresh water, wipe it dry with a lint-free cloth.
- Water resistance is not a permanent condition and can decrease over time. Apple Watch cannot be re-examined or sealed to regain water resistance.
- The following could affect the water resistance of Apple Watch and should therefore be avoided:
- Dropping the Apple Watch or exposing it to other types of shocks.
- Exposing the Apple Watch to soap or soapy water, for example, when bathing or showering.
- Avoid exposing the Apple Watch to perfumes, solvents, detergents, acids, acidic foods, insect repellants, lotions, sunscreen creams, oils, or hair dyes.
- Exposing the Apple Watch to high-speed water impacts, for example while water skiing.
- Wearing the Apple Watch in a sauna or steam room.
So if you want your Series 6 and I KNOW, keep these aspects in mind.