You might think that a new fitness band is the last thing the tech world needs right now, but Amazon just couldn’t help but step into that space. The Amazon Halo Band is now available which will measure not only your health, but also your well-being.
What is the Amazon Halo group?
The device is the Amazon Halo Band, and Amazon Halo is the service that combines five AI-powered health and wellness features “that provide actionable insights into overall well-being.” The group uses several advanced sensors to provide accurate information to Halo Insights.
Amazon doesn’t believe there has been a corresponding improvement between health and digital health services. This led them to use “Amazon’s deep expertise in artificial intelligence and machine learning to offer customers a new way to discover, adopt and maintain personalized wellness habits,” according to Dr. Maulik Majmudar, Amazon Halo Chief Medical Officer.
The company believes that our health isn’t just about how many steps we take each day and how many hours we sleep. “Amazon Halo combines the latest medical sciences, highly accurate data via Halo Band sensors, and cutting-edge artificial intelligence to deliver a more comprehensive approach to improving your health and well-being.”
The Amazon Halo Band focuses only on health and wellness and not on additional apps like fitness trackers and smartwatches. It includes an accelerometer, temperature sensor, heart rate monitor, two microphones, LED light, and a button to turn the microphones on and off. It is water resistant for all day use, the battery lasts up to seven days, and fully recharges in under 90 minutes.
Amazon Halo Features
The Amazon Halo service is a suite of five main features that allow users to examine their overall health and well-being. These main features include:
- Activity: points are awarded based on the intensity and duration of the movement instead of the number of steps you take.
- To sleep: movement, heart rate and temperature are used to measure the time it takes to fall asleep and wake up, the time spent in different phases of sleep and the temperature of the skin.
- Body: computer vision and machine learning measure the percentage of body fat and make important information accessible.
- Your: Machine learning is used to analyze the energy and positivity in a customer’s voice to better understand how they sound to other people in order to improve communication and relationships.
- Laboratories: Science-based challenges, experiments and workouts will allow users to discover what works well for them.
Amazon promises a secure service, noting that health data is encrypted in transit and in the cloud. Users can download or delete their data at any time if they are affected. They only see their body images because they are automatically deleted from the cloud.
Leading health and wellness companies are working with Amazon Halo to find other ways to improve health and wellness benefits. For example, WW members can link their accounts to Amazon Halo to share activity information with the WW app.
Amazon Halo Early Access is available in the United States. During the Early Access period, Amazon Halo will be available for $ 64.99, which includes six months of Halo membership. After this period, the price will increase to $ 99.99. When the membership automatically renews after six months, it will cost $ 3.99 per month.
The bracelet is offered in three color combinations of bracelet and sensor capsule. Additional bands are available in more colors for an additional cost.
If you’re looking for different features, check out five of the best smart bracelets you can buy in 2020.
Image Credit: Amazon Halo
Is this article useful?