Good search engine optimization (SEO) is the main key to a successful website. No matter how good your product or content is, it’s useless without good SEO. Who is going to tell the world your brilliant ideas if you don’t tell them correctly to the search engines. Yes, this is the main idea of search engine optimization. The problem is, they (search engines) have rules that are not easy to follow and that change dynamically from year to year. So, there is no exact way to overcome it. This article attempts to explain the basic need for website optimization, and the conditions for better exposure in search engines.
There are at least 20 important points to optimize in building a site for better search engine optimization. These are categorized into 4 main factors, design and user experience, website structure and architecture, page optimization and promotion:
Design and user experience
1. Choose themes / models, make sure that your models are compatible with common browsers such as Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer etc.
2. Mobile loan Give your users a seamless experience of your website. Mobile technology is developing now, be prepared when the user moves from PC to mobile phones, tablets, etc.
3. Use a clean design and fast loading model. Minimize Image / CSS / JS size and use good caching mechanisms.
Website structure and architecture
4. Use a suitable website platformIf you blog, choose wordpress or blogger or another blogging platform that you are familiar with. For ecommerce, forums, etc., choose the best and make sure you meet your specific goals and needs.
5. Sitemaps, the sitemap is a must, always create and submit an XML sitemap to the search engine.
6. Recycle bin for unnecessary stuff, never use flash (shock wave), applets, and non-SEO stuff unless you really need to.
7. Unique content, try to create your original content, never copy.
8. Use a specific title, a strong and specific page title is the most important element to rank in search engines. The title is important to grab the attention of searchers, use it wisely for human bots and search engines.
9. Keyword density and high quality article, remember this is the most important thing. A good quality article / post should contain a decent keyword density related to the title.
10. Tag header, use the tag header like H1, H2, H3 to highlight the post header, subtitle and other important elements of your post.
11. Permalink and SEO friendly URL, use targeted keywords included in the URL. This will emphasize the title and the content.
12. Use bread crumbs and rich extracts:, it’s not really that hard to do. But have a lot to help the user explore the content, as well as show a clear structure of your website.
13. Use a Meta tag, the meta tag plays an important role in the post. It summed up the content, so use it wisely.
14. Structured data, structured data helps to better crawl search engines and collect information for your website.
15. Use optimized images, use a small but attractive picture because a picture paints a thousand words. Also consider the filename, “alt” text, and title as they play an important role in driving traffic from image search.
16. Creation of internal links, if you have related content so feel free to link it to the post. But only build a natural connection, it means that the posts really have to have a relationship between them.
17. Correction of broken links, never ignore it, always keep your website healthy. Never confuse user and search engine with nonexistent content, try to redirect links to a relevant page.
Social media and promotion
18. On-site communication, always respond to comments and keep the conversations alive. This will keep your visitor regular.
19. Use social media tools, never miss a chance to get involved in social media. Use social sharing and bookmarking in a visible place on your site.
20. Monitoring and control, always evaluate your website regularly. Use Google Analytics to see how your website is performing, you will see improvements there and what to fix in the future.
As you can see, the most important points of this SEO guide can be found in on-page optimization. This means that above every factor, content has the biggest role in SEO. They say “Content is king” so be very careful. Finally, I finished the post. I hope that 20 Beginner’s Quick SEO Guide will help you optimize your website to be more exposed in the search engines.